Friday, January 8, 2010

Text prompt

I really like the solution to create a text prompt I saw at http://tips4java.wordpress.com/2009/11/29/text-prompt/

Something I really like also is smooth transition between component states, so I had to add fade in / fade out transition for this text prompt component!


My first idea was to do the animation using the alpha component of the foreground. But after the first test i noticed that i forgot the icon of the JLabel!

So i ended up using JXPanel on which one i add the JLabel, and then doing the animation of the JXPanel alpha property.


You can find the source in the repository here

Feel free to try it out:


I have one problem with this component, it only hapens under substance LAF, i have to create the textPrompt component in another invokeLater else i can't see the text prompt, i still need to investigate this point.


Ok, that's it for my first article on a swing component, i hope i didn't forget anything and that the web start demo works.

1 comment: